Evgenia Samoilova, PhD
|University of Mannheim|
Mixed Methods (conceptualization and co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Margrit Schreier)
- Qualitative Methods (conceptualization and teaching)
- Course Operations Liaison for Questionnaire Design for Social Surveys Coursera MOOC (the University of Michigan)
Methods of Social Research (including Mixed Methods and Data Analytics), Learning Analytics, Evaluation Research, E-Learning
Evgenia Samoilova is a researcher at the Professorship for Statistics and Methodology at the University of Mannheim. She works in the project "International Program in Survey Methodology" funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research - BMBF. The project resorts to research and support of new modes of learning and focuses on the efficacy, effectiveness, as well as sustainability of the technological and didactic concepts used. A core feature of the first development phase constitutes a series of experiments, in which different online learning modules are tested empirically. Prior to joining the University of Mannheim, she was a researcher at the Knowledge Transfer department at GESIS Leibniz Institute of Social Sciences and a PhD fellow in sociology at the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences.
Publications / Research
- Samoilova, E., Keusch F., Kreuter, F. Predicting Engagement patterns of nontraditional students in the Questionnaire Design for Social Surveys Coursera MOOC (working paper).
- Samoilova, E., Keusch F., Wolbring T. Evaluating Student Workload in Online Learning (working paper).
- Submitted: Samoilova, E., Keusch F., Wolbring T. (2017) Learning Analytics and Survey Data Integration in Workload Research. In review.
- Samoilova, E., Vance, C. (2017) Does Parenthood Make Happy People Happier? Insights from a quantile regression (Online Access). In review.